Hi again Friends!
Finnabair here, I wanted to share my new project with you. Some of you may already know - I love wooden horses. Maybe it is because they bring back the best memories from childhood when I wanted to have my own pony (no matter we lived in a small apartment in downtown) or maybe because they are so great, inspiring shapes to alter? Or both? Certainly there is some strange magic in them!
Below you can see a small wooden horse my friend bought for me on the folk market which was turned into steampunk-like, dark pegasus. I have to admit I'm very happy about the final effect - I just love the colors and aged look together with a bit industrial feeling of the wings and sides of the horse.
And now - great news! I've made a video for you where you can see this project made step-by -step. I hope you will enjoy and get inspired!
Supplies you will need to create similar project:
- Wooden horse or similar item
- Silks -Acrylic Glaze from Luminarte: Teal Zircon, African Jade, Stargazer, bolivian Blue, Solar Gold, Ginger Peach.
- A bunch of found objects you'd like to use to alter the horse (for example buttons, pebbles, clock parts, trinkets, etc)
- A selection of Prima Mechanicals - metal embellishents from my collection
- Black Gesso or good quality black acrylic paint
- Heavy Gel Medium - gloss or matt
Thanks for watching - I hope you like my idea!
Sending warm hugs
Wow!!! Finn, I really love this project and I am looking forward to seeing your next posts. Thanks to all our viewers for visiting our blog and to learn more about Anna Dabrowska (aka Finnabair) visit:
Flickr Gallery: http://www.flickr.com/photos/finnabair/