Good morning! Welcome to day five of our 12 days of gift-giving with Faber Castell and Xyron! In addition to sharing our ideas for quick and easy gifts, we will be randomly giving away product on all three blogs! Just post a comment on our blog about our projects, product or share one of your handmade gift ideas! We will be selecting names and giving away prizes over the next twelve days! Look for our first prize giveaway tomorrow! Be sure to pop over to the Xyron Blog and the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft for more projects and a chance to win some of their products!
Now, here is what dt member, Lynn Kopas with her beautiful project!
For my Holiday Gift project I created a trio of Holiday paper ornaments. I used Creative Imaginations Winter Song Collection. The gorgeous collection consists of purples, greens and silver which is great for all winter and can stay up even after the Christmas Holiday.
I created three ornaments in the traditional paper ornament fashion...
1. I chose three different shapes - 2.5" circle (I used a circle punch for which was so easy), a bulb shape and a smaller circle with a decorative end - both of which I handcut from a free downloaded template (easy, but time-consuming ... a great "in front of the T.V." project)
2. Each shape was cut 16 times. Adhere the backs of each consecutive folded circle to another folded circle, making sure that you glue the sides together that you don't want to be seen). I used the Xyron Mega Runner which was so easy and not messy like liquid glues!
3. Before gluing the final halves, I added some ribbon to the top so the ornament can hang and I used a sitck pin for a little detail at the bottom each ornament.
4. Now for some finishing touches. I scrapped some Metallic Purple Gelato on a craft sheet, added some water and mixed it together. I dabbed the mixture on the edges of each ornament.
5. To top one of the ornaments I used some leaves from the Winter Song die-cut shapes and edged them with the metallic gelatos. I added some gems from the Winter song gem pack...
For another topper I simply added some gems to the top that matched the stick pin...
For the third topper I grabbed some silver ribbon from my stash and added some pearl gems around the top...
6. The final Touch was an overall spritzing with Luminarte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Ice - my all time FAV!!
- 28748 Winter Song - Peaceful
- 28745 Winter Song - Songbird
- 28743 Winter Song - Silver Evening
- 28751 Winter song DC Shapes
- 28753 Winter Song Gem Pack
29044 Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist - Ice
Thanks for stopping by and check back next week as the 12 Days of holiday Gift Giving continues with Creative Imaginations, Faber-Castell and Xyron.