Our first card was designed by Kelly Rasmussen. We loved how she created a textured stamped image on the background by stamping into the Luminarte while it is still wet! The result is a wonderful overall glimmery textured image! Kelly also painted the buttons with luminarte to match the background!
Kelly says "To create the orange shimmery background I first painted a thick layer of Twinkling H20's on some white cardstock. Then I pressed the Hero Arts Antique Brocade image on the paper while the ink was still wet. This removed some of the paint creating the subtle tone on tone background. I also painted the button with some red Twinkling H20's. Make sure to keep the paint consistency very thick when painting on slick surfaces, like buttons, otherwise it will just bead up and not stick to the surface."
- CH149 Card Buttons Neutral
- CH182 Felt Leaves
- CG102 Antique Brocade
- CL380 Truly Appreciated
- PS610 Snow Layering Papers
- PS507 Kraft Notecards with Envelopes
- Luminarte Twinkling H20's (Basic Rainbow)
- Corner Chomper
- brown cardstock
- yellow string, brown ribbon
- CH216 Sunshine Mixed Accents
- CG234 Large Web
- CL468 Frightful
- AF181 Chalk ink – Poppy
- PS569 Sunshine Folded Cards
- Wildflower Twinkling H20s
- Inchie art square
- ColorBox Frost white pigment ink
- Trim the edge off of a Mandarin folded card.
- Stamp the front of the card using Poppy ink with greetings and images.
- Cut a square window into the front of the card.
- Stamp the Inchie art with the Large Web stamp using white ink.
- Stamp the circle image and "boo" with black ink on a piece of Snow layering paper.
- Use Twinkling H20s to add color to the images. Accent with marker and cut out.
- Attach the circle image to the Inchie Art and attach to the inside of the card as shown.
- Attach the "boo" to the card.
- Embellish with ribbon
And Wednesday's Winner for two Hero Stamps is "Pam Loris ,Great techniques in the video! I want to give the water coloring a try! Looks more fun than colored pencil watercoloring! Thanks for the combo giveaways at the two blogs, LOVE it!
Remember hop over to Hero Arts blog and leave a comment for a chance to win some Luminarte paints!