My favorite way to create has to be in a journal. My decisions for color, theme, technique, anything are up to my own whims.
Recently, I joined a journal "round robin." Its a sort of sisterhood of the traveling journal, except we all have our own journals. We each decorated our covers and I decorated the first 2-page spread.
I used collage papers designed by Marah Johson, and I especailly love the new Vamp ladies!
I kind of cheated on this collage because the fancy lady was on a page with the French newspaper, the damask scroll, and some writing in the corners. But outlining the newspaper, I made it look like I added it, and by placing the Eiffle Tower where it it is there is a hint that I'm hiding a seam. I also used color to bring the girl forward. Below you can see the only added pieces and the black is German foil.
In place of the title page is the savage lady. For the background I used a Marah Johnson stencil of roses. The focal lady was a bit small for the page, so I built up a stage for her. I have painted book text and cardstock then built the collage pieces to reach outside the mats which all gave this small cut-out a much more substantial look.
Close up you can see the heavy brass key and the dark German foil weighted down and gave a foundation to my lady. I love the overall effect!!
Keepin' it savage! (wink)--heather
Hello, Lisa here with a project to fuel your creativty. I love ATC cards, So when I looked through my wonderful stash of Splash Of Color goodies, I was delighted to find a 6x6 paper pack and an ATC collection pack from the IOD Loolah collection. The pinks, reds, and greens are a fave color combo of mine, and the very sweet lady bug design was perfect for a collection of pictures I have of my daughter when she was a toddler. I decided on creating a mini album.
I started with 8 pieces of 4x6 chipboard. For the front and back cover, I adhered canvas to the outsides of each peice. Using a mask, I painted through the mask with Primary Elements Artist Pigments in Pear Blossom and Spanish Moss mixed with glossy gel medium to give the paint some body.
I used some Grunge Paper to create the spine and binding. I primed a piece of the grunge paper with LuminArte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Oyster. Then I went over it with a mix of Luminarte Silks Acrylic Glaze in Guatemalen Green and African Jade.
The flowers were created using Glassine paper. I die cut them, wrinkled the flowers and painted them using primary Elements in the same colors I used on my canvas cover. To color the brads, I rubbed more of the Viva Colour Metallic rub in green over them. I also used the metallic rub on the flowers.
You can see a few of the ATC cards I created sticking out of the top of the album..Let me show you how adorable they came out.
I created the pages before I bound them together. I used the IOD Loolah 6x6 paper pad for the pages and the pockets, created on some of the pages. Then I die cut the bases of the ATC cards using thick white cardstock and then cut the papers in the pad and adhered them to the white bases. This created a heavy ATC card to adorn with the IOD Loolah ATC Die Cut Cardstock Shapes. The backs of the ATC cards were left intentionally white for future journaing. Here are a few photos of the inside of the album.
In addition to ATC cards, I also created little trifold folders to hold photo's or journaling.
Here is one of them opened up.
Here is another trifold card.
This is the trifold card tied, and tucked in a pocket.
The painted canvas flourish on the cover was taken from the Monarch Canvas Shapes pack.
The silk ribbon is from May Arts. I just sprayed the slightly water dampened ribbon with a little LuminArte Radiant Rain Shimmering Mist in Fern.
I hope you were inspired by my Loolah Mini today. I just love creating these little treasures.
OH!!! One more little teeny weeny tidbit. This idea popped in my head this morning while strolling the garden. And I still has time to edit my post!!! I saw a lady bug on my Azaleas. I thought to muself..Self, I make flowers!! How about lady bugs to go along with them..So I pilled out my Viva Dimensional Pearl Paint Pen “Red Pearl” and in Black Pearl. On my non stick craft mat, I placed a small red dot about the size of a real lady bug. Then I took the black pen and placed a smaller dot on one end of the red dot..Whe the dots were dry, I took a black Sharpie and very carefully drew a line down the middle to separate the wings and drew teen weeny little dots on their backs...Lady Bugs!!!! To create a sense of scale, here is the smallest one shown on my fingertip.
Till next time, Color your World with a little Splash Of Color!!!!
Several months a go I bought these drawers for my pens and pencils. I put it together and covered each drawer with a 12x12 piece of paper. Recently I decided to finsh off the piece with paint.
First I covered the outside with
Next is a layer to prepare for crackling: Viva Colour's Crackle Paint Base Coat
It looks white at first but dries clear. The base coat is nesseccary for the crackle paint to work. I used
As for the front, you can see some shimmer on the papered drawers. That is from using a very watery brush and a small amount of Viva Colour's Precious Metal Effects in Orange Yellow .
With a few inspiring words, it was done!
Hope you get a chance to upgrade your organizaton! -heather